FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc operates within a Corporate Governance framework established on the following:
- Companies and Allied Matters Act [CAP.C20] Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004 (CAMA).
- The Investment and Securities Act 2007.
- Security and Exchange Commission [SEC] Rules for the time being in force.
- The SEC Code of Corporate Governance for Public Companies 2011 as amended.
- 2018 Nigerian Code of Corporate Governance (NCCG Code).
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association of FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc.
- The FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc Code of Business Conduct – COMPASS.
Consequently, the Company recognizes the importance of adhering to best Corporate Governance principles and practices, and the valuable implication of such adherence to long term business profitability, sustainability and accountability to Shareholders.
Accordingly, the Corporate Governance Policy of FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc can be summarized as follows:
- The Company conducts its operations with honesty, integrity and respect for human rights and interests of employees.
- The Company respects the legitimate interests of those with whom it has relationships.
- The Company is required to comply with the laws and regulations of the country in which it operates.
- The company conducts its operations in accordance with internationally accepted principles of good corporate governance. We provide timely, regular and reliable information on our activities, structure, financial situation and performance to our shareholders and other stakeholders.
Compliance with the above principles is the basis of our business success and all employees and business partners of FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc are mandated to comply with the above principles.
Corporate Governance Evaluation 2019